Sunday, January 18, 2009

Almost Twelve

What happens to girls? I mean, you tell them every single-dingle day how much you love them and how beautiful they are. Inside and out kind of beautiful. Yet, they turn almost twelve, and suddenly the girl who poses for the camera like THIS:






...starts doing THIS when the camera comes out:



...and THIS:



And if you're really lucky, she might do something like THIS:



I remember hiding from the camera at that age, too. Now I like to look at our old family pictures from when I was young. And yes, I am usually making a face or trying to look inconspicuous. It is too bad we become insecure and unhappy with the way we look. I am trying very hard right now to do something about the reasons why I STILL hide from the camera. Maybe someday soon I will feel good about smiling for the camera again and will set a good example for my girls. But for now, I guess we have more of the same to look forward to in pictures. But, HA HA! I get to see the real deal every day. And I will tell her how much I love her and how beautiful she is. The inside and out kind. Take THAT, almost twelve year old!




1 comment:

Becky said...

I still love the "ears of corn" picture, genious. Now why would such a cutie pie hide from the camera?