Monday, November 30, 2009

The House Guest

We had a visitor! Her name is Linda and she was quite charming. She was very sweet, though kind of clumsy. She was also a pretty big girl, but that's okay. She was very accommodating and didn't mind that we asked her to sleep in the garage. She kept the kids entertained and took quite a liking to Jonesy. Jonesy liked her pretty well, too, but tired of her endless flirting after a while. Before you think I am rude for making our guest sleep in the garage, I should tell you that Linda is a dog. No, silly, a CANINE!! Here is a picture of Linda and Jonesy trying out her sleeping space.


See all that drool in Linda's mouth? She ALWAYS had that going on, and would rub her head on you or shake her head, jowls foaming, spraying saliva...yuck! She is most definitely an outside dog! Have you seen Marley and Me? Yes? Then you know what I'm talking about.

I wish I had pictures of the two dogs outside playing. They were cute. Jonesy is not a small dog, but looked little next to Linda. She is honking big! I took a few pictures on my cell phone, but I don't know how to upload them, so, there they stay!
Oh! Did I mention she was in heat? Yep. What an interesting experience that was. FYI...neutered males still...um...enjoy female dogs in heat. They try to, anyway. Poor Jonesy. Anna kept saying, "Look! Jonesy is hugging Linda!" and "Jonesy is trying to dance with Linda!". Oy!
So, Linda stayed for a week. She really is sweet, and I kind of miss her. My pants are dry, though, and free of slobber for the first time in a week. That I do NOT miss!!!

No comments: